Visual Studio never lists all items in the GAC. It only lists items that are noted in a particular registry key.
Please see this knowledge base article for more info: How to display an assembly in the “Add Reference” dialog box
You can always add a reference to the assembly by browsing to it on disk.
More Related Contents:
- UTF-8 without BOM
- IIS Express Windows Authentication
- Cannot import the keyfile ‘blah.pfx’ – error ‘The keyfile may be password protected’
- Targeting .NET Framework 4.5 via Visual Studio 2010
- No IntelliSense for C++/CLI in Visual Studio 2010?
- VS2010 command prompt gives error: Cannot determine the location of the VS Common Tools folder
- Restrictions on installing extensions or add-ins in Visual Studio 2010 Express
- How do I create an COM visible class in C#?
- Do I need the resx Designer.cs file?
- Can’t run ASP.NET MVC 2 web app on IIS 7.5
- How to fix “Root element is missing.” when doing a Visual Studio (VS) Build?
- Can Web Deploy’s setAcl provider be used on a sub-directory?
- Error while trying to run project: Unable to start program. Cannot find the file specified
- Error Code -1073741515 When Using EDITBIN
- Visual Studio does not let me drag drop items into it?
- What does the “Link Library Dependency” linker option actually do in Visual Studio 2010 – 2015 and upwards?
- How do I configure MSBuild to use a saved publishProfile for WebDeploy?
- Visual Studio Disabling Missing XML Comment Warning
- Mercurial .hgignore for Visual Studio 2010 projects
- /LinkResource in Visual Studio 2010
- VS2010 and IE10 Attaching the Script debugger to process iexplore.exe failed
- Visual Studio 2010 doesn’t rebuild changed code unless I manually select “Rebuild”
- How do I edit Visual Studio’s mouse shortcuts?
- fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file ‘kernel32.lib’
- Why do I get an error for “__CrtGetFileInformationByHandleEx ” when I try to compile
- How to get VS 2010 to recognize certain CUDA functions
- Configuring InstallShield LE to remove previous versions built using Visual Studio Setup Projects
- How to execute dtsx packages through command line
- MSBuild in TeamCity of Visual Studio 2012 solution
- How do I enable Visual Studio 2010 to break when a first chance exception happens?