Celery and RQ is overengineering for simple task.
Take a look at this docs – https://docs.python.org/3/library/concurrent.futures.html
Also check example, how to run long-running jobs in background for Flask app – https://stackoverflow.com/a/39008301/5569578
More Related Contents:
- Are a WSGI server and HTTP server required to serve a Flask app?
- Flask application traceback doesn’t show up in server log
- Execute a function after Flask returns response
- Start a flask application in separate thread
- Flask Gunicorn app can’t get __name__ to equal ‘__main__’
- Restrict static file access to logged in users
- X-Forwarded-Proto and Flask
- Configure Flask dev server to be visible across the network
- json.dumps vs flask.jsonify
- What is the cause of the Bad Request Error when submitting form in Flask application?
- Flask at first run: Do not use the development server in a production environment
- Return a download and rendered page in one Flask response
- Uploading multiple files with Flask
- Thread that I can pause and resume?
- How do you set a default value for a WTForms SelectField?
- Flask Download a File
- Display a ‘loading’ message while a time consuming function is executed in Flask
- Closing all threads with a keyboard interrupt
- How to upload a file using an ajax call in flask
- How do threads work in Python, and what are common Python-threading specific pitfalls?
- How to return images in flask response?
- Flask-WTF – validate_on_submit() is never executed
- Link to a specific location in a Flask template
- Why shouldn’t Flask be deployed with the built in server?
- Converting Flask form data to JSON only gets first value
- ModuleNotFoundError when trying to unpickle a model in Flask app
- flask-sqlalchemy or sqlalchemy
- Python PySide and Progress Bar Threading
- Is it thread-safe when using tf.Session in inference service?
- Which SQLAlchemy column type should be used for binary data?