If you are using SearchView then use for API below 21
you can use below code if you are using API 21 or more
More Related Contents:
- How to use SearchView in Toolbar Android
- Is it possible to change the textcolor on an Android SearchView?
- MenuItemCompat.getActionView always returns null
- How to filter a RecyclerView with a SearchView
- Android API 21 Toolbar Padding
- SearchView In ListView having a custom Adapter
- Android – NullPointerException on SearchView in Action Bar
- No shadow by default on Toolbar?
- Creating a SearchView that looks like the material design guidelines
- How can we have searched characters colored when we use searchview in recyclerview?
- Navigation Drawer Below Toolbar
- Cannot catch toolbar home button click event
- Add views below toolbar in CoordinatorLayout
- How to get Toolbar from fragment?
- Add elevation/shadow on toolbar for pre-lollipop devices
- Need to disable expand on CollapsingToolbarLayout for certain fragments
- Can’t find Toolbar in an included layout
- How to display menu item with icon and text in AppCompatActivity
- SearchView in OptionsMenu not full width
- Android SearchView Filter ListView
- How to set SearchView TextSize?
- How do I style appcompat-v7 Toolbar like Theme.AppCompat.Light.DarkActionBar?
- Evenly spaced menu items on Toolbar
- Changing the cursor color in SearchView without ActionBarSherlock
- Display ActionMode over Toolbar
- Toolbar.inflateMenu seems to do nothing
- Styling a SearchView in Android Action Bar
- How to add dividers between specific menu items?
- Hide AppBar when scrolling down
- CollapsingToolbarLayout setTitle() does not update unless collapsed